Role of a Trade Show
A trade show convention coordinator is responsible for ensuring all aspects of a conference and trade show event are well-planned and run smoothly. To perform effectively, extraordinary organizational, communication, and diplomacy skills are a necessity.
Wearing many hats comes with the territory. The show coordinator oversees all facets of the event, including
- Securing the trade show venue
- Arranging accommodations and transportation for participants
- Setting up a system and managing the registration process
- Making arrangements for food and beverage service
- Determining arrangements for exhibits and displays
- Ordering directonal signage and audio visual equpment
- Handling the marketing and promotion of the event
- Evaluating the event after its completion
In addition, responsibilities often incude financial oversight of the show's budget.
Work days are hectic, varied and require the ability to manage a multitude of tasks at the same time. Yet, this essential position can be exhilarating and fulfilling for the right high-energy person.
A trade show coordinator is always in the center of the action -- and is crucial to an event's success and reputation.
How to Work with a Trade Show Convention Coordinator
Trade Show Staffing
Scheduling Trade Show Booth Staff
Return to HOME page